PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. Knowledge of CMS skills required.
- Completed degree/diploma in Web Development or Software Development, as well as
- A completed University Degree or National diploma is essential.
- 1 -2 years of Web Development experience.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git /SVN/TFS etc.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Good understanding of working in an Agile environment.
- Basic HTML.
- WordPress CMS knowledge.
- Google Analytics knowledge.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND OUTPUTS:
- Manage documents and version control on a content server.
- Update/map documents to various sites.
- Code basic HTML to map documents to websites.
- Content updates and management.
- Gathering Google Analytics on various websites and determining optimisation opportunities.
- Proactive content updates.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather requirements, conduct analysis and prioritise requests.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimise application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting it to the back end.
- Contribute to user acceptance testing (UAT) and the development of training material.
- Once the solution has been successfully tested, transport the solution into a production/live environment.
- Develop and maintain websites with CMS.
- Monitor performance of solutions and make recommendations to improve the performance and functionality of the solution.
- Log issues found in existing systems as internal change controls and ensure successful resolution of issues.
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Leads Change and Innovation
- Drive for Results
- Customer/ Stakeholder Commitment
- Business Acumen
- Self-Awareness and Insight
- Impact and Influence
Ref Code: WEB
Location: Cape Town, EC
Sector: Information Technology
Employment: Permanent, full-time
E.E. / Non-EE: EE preferred
Working Hours: 08:00 AM to 17:00 PM
Salary: Commensurate with experience (includes medical and provident fund)
Note: Candidates will be expected to complete an online assessment and will be subject to background, reference and fingerprint clearance checks.
Should you not be contacted within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.