MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
The company values appointing candidates who hold a balance between qualifications and relevant experience. i.e., it's not the number of years of experience that counts but also the life in those years.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or related field.
- 3 years' experience.
- Computer literate.
- Attention to detail and maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will manage the Material Requirements Planning (RMP) process, through the planning of production, in line with operational parameters, to the procurement of raw materials, packing, and consumables for the UHT and Butter Factories. He/She will also oversee the operations of the raw material warehouse to ensure availability and to prevent production stoppages due to the non-availability of materials.
- Consider the milk intake and the production forecast from sales, to determine future packaging material requirements.
- Monitor the stock on hand to ensure it is sufficient for production (e.g. via stock count).
- Place orders (UHT and Butter packaging) on Navision, follow up and report on damages promptly.
- Monitor the stock of various chemicals and other consumables (PPE, diesel) and place orders where necessary.
- Capture stock counts on Navision.
- Ensure packaging material stock levels are in accordance with the production plan.
- Report on packaging stock levels at production meetings.
- Check the delivery process on Navision and return faulty stock to suppliers.
- Process credits on Navision.
- Compile production plan for UHT and Butter factories.
- Update dairy milk flow information and distribute it to relevant people.
- Conduct bi-weekly S+OP meetings on a multi-level cross-functional basis.
Ref Code: BUY
Location: Coega IDZ
Career Level: 3 years (Post qualification)
Industry: Supply Chain and Manufacturing
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 08H00 to 16H30
Salary: Negotiable depending on roles and responsibilities (Includes medical aid, provident fund and 13th Cheque).