REF Code: CAD
Location: Port Elizabeth
Career level: +2 years post qualification
Employment: Full time, permanent
EE / Non-EE: Appointment on Merit
Salary: R10K to R16K – Commensurate with experience
Working hours: 08h00 to 16h30, Monday to Friday
YOUR FUTURE ROLE – COULD THIS BE YOUR DREAM JOB?
Based at their Port Elizabeth branch office, this well-established, multi-national engineering firm offers an exciting junior- level opportunity. If you have a genuine desire to use your CAD, AutoCAD and Revit skills to build a career in engineering design, then this might be the best launchpad ever!
A TYPICAL WORK WEEK WILL INCLUDE:
Assisting with Electrical and Mechanical design work under the direct guidance and supervision of a senior (Techniciam, Technologist, Engineer or Project Manager). In addition, you’ll be responsible for the branch office CAD workstation, prepare CAD drawings received from architects and other professional, detailing designs and assisting with drawing from hand drawings. Your assistance will also be needed with the performance management of contractors, conducting site inspections and on-site surveys to determine details of existing services and then capturing dataonto CAD drawings; and the preparation of tender doc’s and associated tasks. There’s no time or reason for boredom.
- Tertiary education in the field of Engineering (Mech. or Electr.) (Nat. Dip or BTech).
- Valid driver’s license.
- AutoCAD Lite, Revit and strong MS Office skills are an inherent requirement.
- 2 years’ draughting experience post qualification (preferebly gained within the consulting engineering environment).
- There must be evidence of a basic understanding of the functions of a Consulting Engineer.
- Plus, basic technical knowledge of electrical, electronic and/or mechanical engineering services.
- A basic understanding of the construction industry; coupled with basic knowledge of administrative systems, policies and procedures that usually are apparent in a function of this nature.
- In addition, if potential is shown in this area, you can take on some additional IT responsibilities within the local office (caring for the plotter, IT network, AutoCAD systems and so forth).
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Good interaction and interpersonal skills (presentation and a good attitude is imperative)
- Business writing skills, this means that you need to be able to communicate clearly, effectively and factually (in English), both written and spoken.
- Your PC literacy levels must be at intermediate level in order to work with the spreadsheets, technical programs for design, email and meeting setting, CAD etc.
Click on the button below to email your detailed, updated CV to Jeannine Dickie IMPORTANT: Include in Subject Line: REF Code: CAD Furthermore, attach copies of your ID, Matric Certificate and Tertiary qualifications – without these our application is INCOMPLETE and cannot be considered.