Placing People. Changing Lives.
Logistics Controller at Inqgweba Packhouse.
Our client invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to become part of their dynamic Logistics Department in Kirkwood. Your prior experience and understanding of production, logistics and shipping and ability to manage and lead a team, as well as your excellent interpersonal and communication competencies could secure this position. An FMCG background will be an added bonus!
The successful candidate must be willing to work night shift / day shift and be willing to be part of a maintenance or project team outside the fruit-packing period.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing a team of people and departmental performance output.
- Oversight of stock control and integrity of stock i.e. stocktakes.
- Manage the FRUITMAN or similar system for a smooth inspection process
- Manage QX system and ambient loading process.
- Ensure good relationships with all relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in the managing and planning of logistics processes, in support of the Marketing Plan.
- Measure and manage weekly reports.
- Ensuring housekeeping standards are set and maintained.
- Adherence to health and safety standards at all times.
- Support and implementation Quality Management Systems and ISO.
- Grade 12 or Equivalent Qualification.
- A Formal Qualifications in Logistics and Supply Chain Management or equivalent is an added advantage.
- Computer literacy – MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Logistics and Shipping background.
- Proven and strong administration skills.
- Good Communications skills.
- Good Leadership.
- Proactive planning skills.
- Ability to maintain discipline in the workplace.
- Valid driver’s license with own vehicle
REF Code: LOGI
Career level: 2-5 years
Employment: Full time, Permanent
EE / Non-EE: Open
Salary: Negotiable between R12 000.00 and R17 000.00 per month (basic salary) depending on qualification and experience. Plus medical aid and provident fund.
Working Hours: No shift work, but overtime might be required during peak season.
Click on the button below to email your detailed, updated CV to Jeannine Dickie. Include in Subject Line: REF Code LOGI. Furthermore, attach copies of your ID, Drivers licence, Matric Certificate and Tertiary qualifications – without these our application is INCOMPLETE and cannot be considered.