REF Code: BUY
Profile: Supply Chain (Procurement)
Career level: 3 years
EE / Non-EE: On merit
Salary: Negotiable (Prov/pen fund and annual performance bonus)
Working Hours: 40-hour week
YOUR FUTURE ROLE:
A vacancy exists in the Purchasing Department for an experienced Buyer that will assist the Purchasing Manager to source quality products in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Placing of duly authorised purchase orders for consumables, maintenance spares and raw materials, controlling all imported material for Production.
- Liaising with suppliers ensuring optimum pricing and timeous delivery of goods.
- Investigate and develop alternative sources of supply.
- Supervise cyclical stock counts of consumables.
- Resolve queries and stock issues with suppliers and stores.
- Conduct pricing comparisons.
- Maintain supplier relationships.
- Prepare monthly reports on price changes.
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure cost savings.
- Assist with month-end stock take.
- Assist Purchasing/Financial manager with ad-hoc requirements.
- A tertiary qualification in the field of Purchasing or Logistics ( Degree) is compulsory
- At least 3 years working/buying experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of MRP Systems (i.e. Fourth Shift)
- Computer literacy essential (Word, Excel, E-mail, Access).
- Quality-orientated with attention to detail and good professional experience.
- Good decision making and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and as an integral team member.
- Impeccable disciplinary and attendance records.
- Great interpersonal and negotiating skills, taking initiative and being proactive.
- Required to work overtime as and when required, and finally
- Honest and integrity and good communication skills.
Click on the button below to email your detailed, updated CV to Monique Prince before 12 November 2019. Include in Subject Line: REF Code BUY. Furthermore, attach copies of your ID, Drivers licence, Matric Certificate and Tertiary qualifications – without these our application is INCOMPLETE and cannot be considered.
Click here for more vacancies
Hire Power SA, part of Talentor Int
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org