REF Code: AUTO
Location: Port Elizabeth
Career level: 3 – 5 years
Employment: Full time, permanent
EE / Non-EE: EE according to the company’s current Employment Equity Plan
Salary: R500 000 to R600 000 CTC
Working hours: 08h00 to 16h30, Monday to Friday.
THE MAIN PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
- You will report directly to the Engineering Manager and support the manufacturing site with manufacturing parts in line with specifications.
- You will be responsible for supporting production teams in their delivery of products and services.
- Providing electrical support and assuming responsibility for maintenance troubleshooting repair on all electronic electrical and computer-based equipment, including backups of all engineering related software in order to maintain uptime on all electronic machines whilst ensuring the costs are contained and minimised.
THE MAIN OBJECTIVE :
- You will primarily be tasked with taking the company forward and staying abreast of technology to keep the Group viable and competitive to improve efficiencies and ensure that uptime is improved through proactive and preventative maintenance.
- Furthermore, you will assist with plant engineering continuous improvement projects in compliance with the Group’s safety standards and regulations and engineering-based practice.
- In addition, you will be responsible for carrying out root cause analysis sessions on recurring problems of machine control systems with a multi-disciplined team to prepare faultfinding logs or tables from the root cause problem solving and then drive the implementation of the agreed-upon changes and innovations.
- You will be responsible for maintaining all software programmes and for keeping abreast of version changes and updates from OEM’s or service providers so as to reduce the impact of these changes while maintaining uptime in containing costs Lastly you will provide customer support and education working with users to identify needs.
- You will determine the source of the problem and provide information on product use you must ensure effective communication of this important information to all stakeholders.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE:
Please note that these requirements are NOT NEGOTIABLE (Please don’t apply if you don’t meet these requirements.)
- Grade 12 and a National Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or Mechatronics.
- At least 3 years’ experience in an AUTOMATION environment (automated industrial environment)
- Strong PLC programming source coding using Visual Basics (VB)
- Drives and control systems
- Experience in Engineering Best Practices.
- Be self-driven and highly motivated with solid interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical ability with problem-solving.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Proven conceptual and analytical skills for fault-finding and problem-solving purposes.
- Computer literate: MS Office.
- Effective communication skills are a must (written and spoken).
- PLC (preferably Allen Bradley)
- Exposure to FANUC
- Minor project management experience
- Knowledge of electronic drawing, automated version control systems and technical procedures
Click on the button to email a comprehensive C.V. and brief cover letter to Monique Prince, supported by copies of your ID, Matric and National Diploma. Use REF Code: AUTO in your subject line.
Click here for more vacancies
Hire Power SA, part of Talentor Int.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org