REF Code: FIT
Location: Port Elizabeth
Career level: Artisan – 3 years’ experience
Employment: Full time, permanent
EE / Non-EE: EE according to the company’s current Employment Equity Plan
Salary: R30 000 CTC
Working hours: 08h00 to 16h30, Monday to Friday.
THE MAIN PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
- You will report directly to the Engineering Coordinator and support the manufacturing site during continuous shift operation on all mechanical related issues.
- The primary aim is to maintain machine availability and improve up-time.
THE MAIN OBJECTIVE :
- To do this you will need to identify verify and analyse reasons for downtime through root cause analysis and by implementing corrective actions to repair the fault so that’s production may resume.
- Ensure that inspections on running machines and equipment are carried out in order to prevent unnecessary downtime
- Furthermore, you have to ensure adherence to the maintenance schedule by carrying out preventative and scheduled maintenance so that the risk of unplanned downtime is minimised.
- You must adhere to all safety rules and regulations to ensure a safe working environment for all
- You will participate in problem-solving workshops and process improvement discussions to support the mission directed work teams
- You must ensure effective communication to the of the relevant information to all stakeholders to support decision-making for the business
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE: Please note that these requirements are NOT NEGOTIABLE (Please don’t submit an application if you don’t meet these requirements.)
- Matric AND N4 in Mechanical Engineering,
- Completed Trade Test Fitter / Fitter and Turner.
- At least 5 years’ POST apprenticeship experience, of which a minimum of 3 years’ relevant working experience must have been gained within a large manufacturing environment.
- Experience in working on heavy industrial / automated machines.
- Be self-driven and highly motivated
- Have good interpersonal skills. In other words, be a good team player.
- Strong analytical ability with problem-solving.
- Be able to work under pressure and do root cause analysis
- It’s vital that you have a good understanding of factory utility layouts (i.e. electrical and water reticulation, compressed air systems and process water plant).
- Knowledge of conditioning-based monitoring systems is required.
- Working knowledge of the OSHACT and of shutdown maintenance.
- You must have a working knowledge of Robotics, bearings, lubrication, welding, cutting and grinding.
- Pneumatics, pumps, transmission systems and general mechanics.
- Knowledge of maintenance on CNC machines.
Click on the button to email a comprehensive C.V. and brief cover letter to Monique Prince, supported by copies of your ID, Matric / N4: Mechanical Eng. Cert. and Trade Test papers. Use REF Code: FIT in your subject line.
Click here for more vacancies
Hire Power SA, part of Talentor Int.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org