REF Code: MCH
Location: Port Elizabeth
Career level: Artisan – 5 years’ experience
Employment: Full time, permanent
EE / Non-EE: EE according to the company’s current Employment Equity Plan
Salary: R30 000 CTC
Working hours: 08h00 to 16h30, Monday to Friday.
THE MAIN PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
- You will report directly to the Engineering Manager and support the manufacturing site with manufacturing parts in line with specifications.
- The primary aim is to maintain machine availability and improve up-time.
THE MAIN OBJECTIVE :
- To do this you must ensure the availability of space for manufacturing in line with the planned maintenance schedule, to drive effective maintenance execution and improved machine uptime.
- You must also adhere to all safety rules and regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
- You must participate in problem-solving workshops and process improvement discussions to support mission directed work teams.
- You must ensure that inspections on machine shop equipment are carried out in order to prevent unnecessary downtime.
- You will be required to assist with general maintenance in the plant, as required, to ensure maintenance schedule adherence.
- You will be relied upon to lead the team to achieve maximum throughput with minimum downtime and minimum defective products, to achieve departmental and overall business goals.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE: Please note that these requirements are NOT NEGOTIABLE (Please don’t apply if you don’t meet these requirements.)
- Grade 12 and a Completed Trade Test Fitter / Fitter or Turner Machinist.
- At least 5 years’ POST apprenticeship experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Shift work.
- You must be well experienced in turning and machining.
- Be self-driven and highly motivated.
- Have good interpersonal skills. In other words, be a good team player.
- Strong analytical ability with problem-solving.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Analytical and Planning skills coupled with the attention to detail are vital skills for this role.
- Computer literate: MS Office.
Click on the button to email a comprehensive C.V. and brief cover letter to Monique Prince, supported by copies of your ID, Matric and Trade Test papers. Use REF Code: MCH in your subject line.
Click here for more vacancies
Hire Power SA, part of Talentor Int.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com